The Ontop framework is developed in the Knowledge Representation meets Databases (KRDB) research group at the Free University of Bozen Bolzano (FUB). Its development started in the context of the European FET project Thinking ONtologiES (TONES) project, then continued independently at FUB and currently, it is being extended in the context of Optique project, a large Integrated Project (IP) financed by the EU’s Seventh Framework Program (FP7) in which Ontop is a core component.
Bolzano Team Members
- Assistant Prof. Dr. Guohui Xiao (Team Leader)
- Prof. Dr. Diego Calvanese (Scientific Coordinator)
- Dr. Benjamin Cogrel
- Dr. Elena Botoeva
- Dr. Julien Corman
- Dr. Linfang Ding
- Assistant Prof. Dr. Vladislav Ryzhikov
- MSc. Davide Lanti
- MSc. Sarah Komla Ebri
- MSc. Elem Güzel
External Team Members
- MSc. Konstantina Bereta (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece)
- Dr. Roman Kontchakov (Birkbeck College, UK)
- Dr. Mariano Rodríguez-Muro (IBM Watson Research Center, USA / Founder / Previous Position in Bolzano: Team Leader: 2011 – Oct. 2013)
- Dr. Martin Rezk (Rakuten Japan / Previous Position in Bolzano: Team Leader: Oct. 2013 – Nov. 2015)
- Prof. Michael Zakharyaschev. Department of Computer Science and Information Systems Birkbeck College, London.
Together with Roman they developed the Tree Witness query rewriting algorithm.
- Dr. Dag Hovland. Institutt for informatikk Universitetet i Oslo. Oslo. Contributor to the SQL translation/execution engine.
- MSc. Uğur Dönmez
- MSc. Sergey Pugacs
- Dott. Mindaugas Slusnys
- MSc. Timea Bagosi
- Msc. Josef Hardi
- Dott. Manfred Gerstgrasser